I forgot to post this last week. But here it is, the final part of the incredible Inside the SuperDraft series.
Tag Archives | 2013 MLS SuperDraft
Almost done with this amazing series by MLS. Part 5, here we go.
Forth installment of this great series for 2013. Booya.
Love this series by MLS. Enjoy.
Part 2. Enjoy.
I always love this series that MLS does. I’ll try to post each part here for you all as well.
Well the 2013 MLS SuperDraft has come and passed. Yesterday was a wild day that saw many trades, surprises and some usual steals.
I wanted to kick off today with a look at how each team did in a team-by-team draft grade article. Overall I thought some teams did very well in this draft while others have a few question marks here and there. Obviously it is way early to tell if these clubs really did good or bad in this draft. We don’t know how these players will end up being for each club or if some of them will even make their respective team rosters.
But saying all of that I still like to look at how teams did in each draft and give a reaction to it. Hopefully after the season I will go back and re-evaluate these grades and see if they hold up. Continue Reading →
I’ll have to say this to open up this post, the 2013 MLS SuperDraft may have been one of the most entertaining drafts I’ve covered in recent years.
Trades left and right, surprises left and right and lots of talking points. I’ll give my draft grades tomorrow on here but I did want to jot down a few notes to pass on to you all.
- I could be off on this total but 8 trades between yesterday and today involving draft picks. That has to be a four or five year high for the league.
- New England snagged the best overall talent in Andrew Ferrell at number one. I love their gamble at moving up to get him yesterday. It was bold, assertive and much needed for this club. A good shot in the arm if you will.
- Toronto making deals left and right was fun but it was also very smart. They moved from four down to ten, then down to 16. Each move brought in allocation and by the end of the day they had a nice little pile of it along with two solid players in Kyle Bekker and Emery Welshman.
- Dallas getting Walker Zimmerman was a total shocker. No one in Dallas expected him to fall that far as most figured the Colorado Rapids would take him at number six. It turns out Dallas got a player that was too good to pass up.
- Seattle moving up to get Eriq Zavaleta was smart as well. It was a good opportunity for Sigi Schmid to roll the dice and it will bea move that will pay off in the end.
- Houston had one heck of a draft day – likely my highest grade come tomorrow. Getting Jason Johnson, a kid that did not show well at the Combine is a steal. Believe me, this kid will be much better once he steps on to the field with the Dynamo. Also getting Jimmy Nealis late in the second round shows you why Dominic Kinnear is a master mind in this league.
- Vancouver definitely took a chance with Ketuka Manneh at number four. I was shocked that they would trade up to get him because they easily could have gotten him at five and still have drafted Erik Hurtado later on in the draft.
The Portland Timbers have acquired a second-round pick (No. 34 overall) in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft from the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for forward Mike Fucito, it was announced today.
The Earthquakes now have the right of first refusal to Fucito and may negotiate a contract.
Fucito joined the Timbers via trade from the Montreal Impact on April 20, 2012, and appeared in 12 games (3 starts) for Portland during the 2012 MLS regular season. The four-year MLS veteran has played 36 career regular-season matches for Seattle Sounders FC (2009-11), Montreal (2012) and Portland (2012), recording three goals and two assists.
Final MLS mock draft time folks. Final mock draft. Tomorrow is the big day as the 19 MLS clubs will come to Indianapolis to pick up the next new talent that is coming into the league.
I decided against doing a mock draft during the MLS Combine. Something just didn’t feel right doing one and then doing another a day or two later once the Combine concluded. Anyways, let’s get down to business as this is a two round mock draft! Woo!