- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On July 15, 2014
- 0 Comments
- 2014 MLS Season, 2014 Week 18
It has been a long while since I list wrote up one of these. The World Cup was a nice break from everything but it is indeed time to get back to writing on here.
I’m going to start out with a look with my latest Five Up and Three Down series. Again, there is no real order to each list, just a list that came out of my brain and landed on this screen.
1. Seattle Sounders – One loss in their last five but no one is talking about that. The real talk is how good they are when Clint Dempsey and Obafemi Martins are on the field together. When those two are on, no one in this league is going to catch this team. Also, they’re 10 points clear of the next team in the West. Yeah. 10 points.
2. Sporting KC – The results continue to be decent despite the injuries and potential transfers looming. Dom Dwyer continues to impress though as he is on pace for a big season in the goals scored department.
3. DC United – Three straight road wins for Ben Olsen’s team. It may not be pretty in how they do it but they continue to get ‘it’ done.
4. LA Galaxy – They may still be sitting outside the playoff zone but that is more due to the games played this season. They haven’t lost a game in two months though.
5. Chivas USA – I didn’t think I would see them back in this top list anytime this season but some how they have managed to reel off four straight wins for the first time since 2008. Impressive.
1. Houston Dynamo – They nearly had their top lineup this past weekend and still got beat badly. Dominic Kinnear has a lot of work to do in the back to get this team where we all expect them to be.
2. San Jose Earthquakes – Chris Wondoloski may have gotten back in the goal scoring mood but everything else about this team continues to be a struggle. One big help would be to just get some creative juice in that midfield. It would go a long way.
3. Montreal Impact – I thought they had turned a corner a couple weeks ago but after two more losses I am back in the boat that it just isn’t the year for this bunch.