- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On May 14, 2014
- 0 Comments
- 2014 MLS Season, 2014 Week 10
This past weekend was certainly a wild one in MLS. Hat tricks, no defense, red cards and drama. This season continues to change and evolve into something interesting. Here is my latest Five Up, Three Down piece, looking at who is hot and who is not.
Again there is no real order to these lists, just general thoughts in my head.
1. Sporting KC – Out of the Eastern Conference sides, Sporting continues to impress me the most and give me the most confidence out of the bunch. But they have plenty of teams hot on their trail.
2. New England Revolution – I wasn’t high on them a month ago but these last few weeks have given me new reasons to enjoy watching them. Lee Nguyen continues to shine for them and their defense is starting to look the part again here this season.
3. Seattle Sounders FC – Take out the massive loss at New England and this team is still the best in the league for me. Their offense is clicking with Obafemi Martins and Clint Dempsey but how they will respond without Dempsey and potentially Brad Evans will be interesting to see in the coming weeks.
4. Real Salt Lake – Still unbeaten. Not bad but there are still reasons to doubt this team.
5. D.C. United – Ben Olsen has his team playing very well these days both at home and away. Can they maintain it for the full season is what I am interested in. I don’t know if they have the depth yet to really go the distance but they are fun to watch right now.
1. FC Dallas – Four losses in their last five, injuries piling up. Things just don’t look good for this club right now.
2. Portland Timbers – Nice come from behind draw against LA but this team still gives me little hope that they’ll regain their 2013 form anytime soon. Plus that point differential between them and rivals Seattle continues to grow.
3. Montreal Impact – Frank Klopas has to be the first coach fired right? Right?