- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On April 30, 2014
- 0 Comments
- 2014 MLS Season, 2014 Week 8
It is Wednesday and I’m quickly realizing how fast this week is getting away from me here. Time to dive into who is looking good in MLS at the moment and who continues to be at the opposite end of that poll.
Again, there is no real order to these lists.
1. Seattle Sounders FC – Another big win for the Sounders as they now tie FC Dallas for the top spot in the league going into the month of May. The Clint Dempsey and Obafemi Martins partnership continues to look good but more importantly that defense is starting to get better.
2. FC Dallas – Rough outing in D.C. but red cards will do that to anyone. That defense still has issues regardless and if Mauro Diaz is going to be out for any length of time this month with a knee injury, Oscar Pareja will have a lot of work to do.
3. Columbus Crew – A decent draw at home against New York this past week keeps them a top the Eastern Conference.
4. D.C. United – Five game unbeaten run at the moment. The bigger thing to look at this team is their defense, only eight goals given up so far, one of the best in the league.
5. Real Salt Lake – Still unbeaten but the draw against Vancouver showed why people should have reason to doubt this team a bit.
1. Montreal Impact – Finally got a win at home but I’m still not sold on it being a sign of things to come with this group.
2. Portland Timbers – Winless through eight now. Let that sink in a bit for a team that had so many expectations placed on them. Their schedule does lighten up a bit with a few home games coming up, which should open some doors for them but if you think about it, they’ve already put themselves in a 10 point hole behind conference leaders Dallas and Seattle.
3. Chicago Fire – the other winless bunch here. The funny thing about the Fire though is they have one loss in seven games. Most teams could deal with that but with that goose egg in the win column, its a tougher pill to swallow.