- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On September 3, 2013
- 2 Comments
- 2013 MLS Playoffs, 2013 MLS Season
We are officially at that point in the season – playoff scenarios time. Only one team is on the chopping block right now while all 10 playoff spots are still up for grabs.
D.C. United will be eliminated from playoff contention in the very near future. Here are the following scenarios for their elimination:
· D.C. United lose or draw against Chivas USA on Sunday
· Houston Dynamo win vs. Columbus Crew on Wednesday OR
· Houston Dynamo win vs. New York Red Bulls on Sunday OR
· Houston Dynamo tie vs. both Columbus and New York OR
· New England Revolution win vs. Montreal Impact on Sunday
After D.C. United is eliminated the next two teams on the chopping block will be Toronto FC and Chivas USA, both sit a little higher up in the point total than D.C. United at the moment, so it may take another week or two before their names pop up in the scenario game.