- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On January 22, 2013
- 0 Comments
- 2013 MLS Season, Features
We’re pushing forward in out preseason look in at the 19 MLS clubs.
Two more Eastern Conference clubs to go with the Chicago Fire and Columbus Crew, as well as last year’s Eastern Conference finalists D.C. United and the Houston Dynamo. Earlier today, I took a quick look at the Montreal Impact and the New England Revolution.
Time to dive into two more Eastern Conference clubs with a look at some items that are lacking going into the start of the preseason camps.
New York Red Bulls
- Coaching. This is an obvious one but it is also one that has to be mentioned until the day/week/hour/etc. that New York finally hires a new coach for the 2013 season. Mike Petke has been sort of in charge the last couple of weeks as he handled the SuperDraft stuff last week.
- Thin in the midfield. One thing many will say when looking at this Red Bulls squad is how light they are in the midfield, especially on the wings. They need some help throughout their midfield as behind their main starters are a bunch of inexperienced players.
- The Adu of it all. This isn’t really a lacking kind of item but it is something that has to be brought up when discussing the Union. What they do with Freddy Adu could be a make or break kind of thing. He’s a hefty player on the books for them and unloading him will certainly ease the minds of the front office and likely some players.
- Depth on the wings. This kind of goes for both in the midfield and in the defense. I like their main guys but after them the Union do seem thin on the outside. Adding one or two more parts to the outside for depth purposes will be a good thing to see before the start of the season.