- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On October 1, 2012
- 0 Comments
- 2012 MLS Cup Playoffs, 2012 MLS Season
Another quick update from how teams are doing in the stretch run of the season.
Points since August 1, 2012:
Columbus Crew 23
Chicago Fire/Sporting KC 21
San Jose Earthquakes 17
D.C. United/Seattle Sounders FC 16
LA Galaxy/FC Dallas/New York Red Bulls 15
Houston Dynamo 12
Portland Timbers 11
Montreal Impact 10
Colorado Rapids 9
Real Salt Lake 10
Philadelphia Union 7
New England Revolution 6
Vancouver Whitecaps 5
Toronto FC 3
Chivas USA 2
Here is how things stand since September 1:
Chicago Fire 12
San Jose Earthquakes/Sporting KC 11
D.C. United/LA Galaxy 10
Columbus Crew/Real Salt Lake 9
Houston Dynamo/New York Red Bulls 7
Colorado Rapids/FC Dallas/Philadelphia Union/Seattle Sounders FC 5
New England Revolution 4
Portland Timbers 3
Vancouver Whitecaps 2
Toronto FC 1
Chivas USA 0
– Chicago remains the hotter side when you look at both months combined and just the month of September. Only loss this last month was to SKC this past Friday.
-Sporting KC and San Jose continue to battle it out for the Supporters’ Shield. It will easily be decided in the final three weeks of the season. The edge still goes to San Jose who play two teams that are not in playoff contention while SKC plays against two teams that are in the hunt in the East.
– FC Dallas’s September numbers seem low compared to the two month spread but FCD only played in three games, getting points in all three September matches.
– Seattle is slumping in my book, only beating weaker clubs. Hello one and done playoffs again?
– D.C. United has come on strong in the last few weeks, all without Dwayne De Rosario. Not bad.
– Boy Chivas USA and Toronto stink. Just a combined five points between the two of them since August. Geez. Last win for Chivas was late July and the last win for Toronto was mid-July. Ouch. Finish strong boys, that’s all your fans can ask for these days.