- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On November 14, 2011
- 1 Comments
- 2011 NCAA College Cup
There are some big time matches in the 2011 NCAA Men’s Soccer Tournament. The 48-team bracket was revealed today with UNC tabbed as the top seed in the tournament. The Tar Heels went 17-2-2 on the season. Creighton, UCONN and Boston College were the other top four seeds.
Here is how the field breaks down (seeded teams have first-round byes, first-round games to be played on Nov. 17th):
(1) North Carolina vs Elon/Coastal Carolina
(16) Indiana vs. Liberty/Old Dominion
(9) St. John’s vs. Fairfield / Brown
(8) UC-Irvine vs. St. Mary’s/Cal State-Bakersfield
(4) Boston College vs. Colgate /Rutgers
(13) UCLA vs. Delaware / Virginia
(5) Maryland vs. Xavier / West Virginia
(12) Louisville vs. Loyola-Chicago / Bradley
(3) UConn vs. Stony Brook/ Monmouth
(14) James Madison vs. Wake Forest / South Carolina
(6) SMU vs. Akron / Northwestern
(11) UAB vs. Furman / UNC-Charlotte
(7) South Florida vs. Florida Gulf Coast / Central Florida
(10) New Mexico vs. Duke / Georgia State
(2) Creighton vs. Western Illinois / Northern Illinois
(15) UCSB vs Dartmouth / Providence
Second-round match-ups take place on Nov. 20th, with the Round of 16 slated for Nov. 27th.
The NCAA College Cup Final Four is set for Dec. 9th, with the Championship Final set for Dec. 11th in Hoover, Alabama.