- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On October 28, 2011
- 6 Comments
- 2011 Expansion Draft, Features
Another expansion draft list for you on this Friday afternoon.
This one centers around the team I’m most familiar with, FC Dallas. I will keep this one fairly short as I find FCD to be one of the easier teams to put a list down on paper (or type out in this case).
Keep in mind the rules of the expansion draft, to read more about them click here.
1. David Ferreira – Yes he was injured all season and yes he is a DP. They could leave him off since he has such a high contract but I don’t see FCD doing that.
2. Brek Shea – No explanation needed.
3. Ugo Ihemelu – Recent re-signed with the club for a long term deal, one of the better center backs in the league.
4. George John – I feel he won’t be with the club next year but they’ll still protect him regardless.
5. Andrew Jacobson – They’d be silly not to protect a remarkably cheap player like AJ.
6. Fabian Castillo – I believe he loses his DP tag after this season (it was to do the transfer fee), he’ll be protected regardless though.
7. Jair Benitez – International that they’ll hold on to.
8. Marvin Chavez – He’s on loan right now, I’d expect they’ll buy his contract this winter.
9. Zach Loyd – One of the more underrated defenders in the league right now.
10. Jackson – This man can play everywhere on the field.
11. Kevin Hartman – I went back and forth on this one as you’ll see below but I’d keep the best keeper in the league.
Home Grown/Generation adidas
- Andrew Wiedeman
- Richard Sanchez
- Victor Ulloa
- Ruben Luna
- Moisis Hernandez
- Josh Lambo
- Jonathan Top
- Bryan Leyva
- Daniel Cruz
- Daniel Hernandez
- Ricardo Villar
- Bruno Guarda
- Maicon Santos
- Maykel Galindo
- Bobby Warshaw
- Jeremy Hall
- Jack Stewart
- Chris Seitz
You could see them not protect Hartman in place of Cruz or even Villar but to me it is smarter to hold on to a keeper like Hartman than to risk letting him go this easily. For what it is worth, he was protected last season.
Dallas probably stands to lose someone here as they have a couple young guys that could be worth taking in this draft like Warshaw or Guarda.
With so many HGP and GA players on the roster, Dallas is pretty cut and dry about who will be saved compared to most clubs in the league.