- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On March 9, 2011
- 0 Comments
- 2011 MatchDay Live
Major League Soccer released an update to their iPhone app today that pushed changes to make it universal to the iPad as well. Lots of goodies were packed in this update too. Key features of the MLS MatchDay 2011 App include:
- Live game streaming (via MatchDay Live available through In-App Purchase)
- Real time highlights
- Redesigned Matchcenter and improved statistical display
- Matchday and newspaper modes (iPad)
- Customized homescreen allowing users to follow their favorite Club
- AirPlay allows users to send all MLS video to their television through Apple TV
- Facebook chats
- Customizable alert system
I took a little time to go through the new iPad edition of this app for the review. For a while the league has been saying they’d release an iPad capable app and today it finally came. The price remained perfect too with the app, I mean how much better can free get?
The full season slate is laid out pretty nicely too for you. You can swipe down to view later weeks of the season. From here you can select an upcoming match and get a preview for it. I picked the first game of the season between the Galaxy and the Sounders.
Each team’s menu looks something like this:
Now the cool thing I like about this version is that the iPad app also has a new stand kind of feel for the overall league section.
Overall its a great app. I highly recommend you downloading it if you have the device. They also finally released the app on the Android market today as well.