- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On January 24, 2011
- 2 Comments
- Dax McCarty, Juan Agudelo, Omar Gonzalez, Teal Bunbury, Tim Ream, US National Team
There was nothing amazingly special from the US-Chile game other than probably the goal call for Teal Bunbury’s PK shot. Gotta love the Spanish announcers sometimes for their wacky nicknames for the US players.
I only have a few notes to discuss from the US-Chile game.
- Dax McCarty looked great. Well for D.C. United fans that is. I cannot tell you how much Dallas will miss this guy in 2011 but United fans have to be grinning from ear-to-ear today about the future of their club with this guy.
- The Teal Bunbury-Juan Agudelo combo is the wave of the future for the US. I truly believe that more than ever now. Sure we still have the likes of Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore to play striker for the US but Bunbury and Agudelo are showing right away that they are ready to take over when called upon.
- Zac Loyd could indeed be the answer the US is looking for in terms of a left back. Its one game for him and I may be a tad biased but I really liked what I saw out of him.
- Again it may have been one game but Tim Ream and Omar Gonzales did nothing for me. More Ream than Gonzalez.
- And I’ll agree with the notion that saying this game wasn’t meaningless either. This is a good set up game for the Egypt friendly next month. Hopefully its a momentum building game in Cario.