- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On November 24, 2010
- 2 Comments
Trying to keep up here because a lot has happened today since the expansion draft:
Portland Timbers traded:
- Dax McCarty and allocation money to D.C. United for Rodney Wallace and a 4th round pick.
- Anthony Wallace to Colorado Rapids for allocation money.
- Arturo Alvarez to Real Salt Lake for a 2nd-round pick in the 2011 MLS Draft.
Vancouver Whitecaps traded:
- Sanna Nyassi to Colorado Rapids for international player slot
- O’Brian White to Seattle Sounders for allocation money.
- Alejandro Moreno and Alan Gordon to Chivas USA for allocation money.
So 7 of the 20 players picked today were traded either back to their clubs or somewhere else.
Also there were a few players waived this evening too.
Colorado Rapids: Ross Schunk
Real Salt Lake: Alex Nimo
Toronto FC: Gabe Gala, Raivis Hscanovics, Miguel Angel Martinez “Mista,” Martin Saric, Maxim Usanov
With that I’d say the draft grades from earlier are drastically different. Portland’s draft went way down in my opinion, even with just getting Rodney Wallace. Losing Anthony Wallace, McCarty and Alvarez looks pretty bad on paper. As for Vancouver I do like their moves though I’m not sure about them getting rid of O’Brien White, I really did like that pick for them today.
Also RSL waiving Nimo kind of leads me to believe a small under the table deal was worked out between them and Portland. Just a hunch but we know where that kid is going come tomorrow.
Crazy day. I think looking back now I really believe FC Dallas needs a true GM running the show there and not a technical director that is just mainly scouting everywhere. Losing McCarty and Atiba Harris the way they did today could have been done better and they could have gotten at least something for McCarty earlier in the week when there was a trading period. Just saying.