- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On September 27, 2010
- 0 Comments
- 2010 MLS Cup Playoffs, 2010 Playoff Push
Just as I updated the standings on here last night, Real Salt Lake has clinched a spot in this year’s playoffs. Only Kansas City can catch RSL in points but the defending champs hold the tiebreaker with the Wizards.
The Houston Dynamo and New England Revolution were both eliminated from playoff contention this week. Chivas USA and Toronto FC could join them after this weekend.
Two Three more clubs can clinch spots this week with wins (or draws). New York, Columbus, and Dallas are just mere points away from going to the post season dance.
Columbus Crew will clinch a playoff spot this week IF:
- CLB defeats SJ Saturday AND
- KC fails to win Saturday in NY OR IF:
- CLB ties SJ AND
- KC loses to NY.
FC Dallas will clinch a playoff spot this week IF:
- FCD defeats CHI Saturday OR IF:
- FCD ties CHI Saturday AND
- KC fails to win in NY.
New York Red Bulls will clinch a playoff spot this week IF:
- NY defeats KC on Saturday (clinches at least 2nd in East)
Now for those who could be eliminated from contention.
Chivas USA will be eliminated from playoff contention IF:
- CHV fails to win against LA on Sunday OR IF:
- SEA, SJ and COL all win (prior to Sunday’s CHV-LA game).
Toronto FC will be eliminated from playoff contention IF:
- TOR loses in Seattle on Saturday AND
- SJ and COL both win.