- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On March 2, 2009
- 2 Comments
- AC Milan, David Beckham
Yeah really. This may be the weirdest agreement to a deal yet.
Here is the bulk of this weird deal:
- Beckham stays with Milan until the end of the Italian league season in May.
- He will sit out a few weeks on a beach somewhere until July 15 (once the transfer window opens up) and rejoin the Galaxy in Kansas City on July 25 (thus missing the first 17 games of the year).
- Beckham will then be free to leave LA (based on his contract) after the season. Probably join Milan in January.
- This deal may pay MLS and the Galaxy better than the $10 million transfer fee that the Galaxy turned down before.
- Beckham will have to pay some sort of compensation in this deal too.
- Galaxy get a hefty salary cap relief without Beckham.
- Beckham will still be apart of the club after today (roster compliance day) but won’t be activated until July.
Its a mess but at least it is nearly over…for now.