- Posted by Drew Epperley
- On August 28, 2007
- 2 Comments
These rankings this week are going to be fairly short and sweet due to lack of time on my part right now. So some explanations won’t be detailed, while others may not be as much as usual.
1. (1) New England Revolution (42 pts.) – Lucky break gives the Revs three full points and a little time to break right now. I am curious to see how the results hold up in the coming weeks as DC catches up in the schedule.
2. (3) DC United (39 pts.) – Didn’t have to play all that well to win in Toronto but it was good enough in my mind to move them on up here. A couple big games coming up on the road will let us know if the deserve to be higher to go back down some.
3. (2) Houston Dynamo (38 pt.) – Flipping with DC because of a draw with Columbus really isn’t the reason. Houston just hasn’t been playing like the Dynamo of the summer that we got used to there for a while. Getting into the top two in the west may be tougher than they expected a few weeks back. And those back-to-back losses to RSL and Colorado will be big in a couple weeks I think.
4. (4) FC Dallas (36 pt.) – Not hurting the Hoops because of lack of play over the weekend. Added Denilson doesn’t hurt either. Once he finally gets into the team and Kenny Cooper comes back from injury I will wonder if there are any defenses that can stand up to the Hoops.
5. (6) CD Chivas USA (36 pts.) – Caught up in points with Dallas and is slowly looking like a real contender now days. The Supporter’s Shield isn’t out of the question at this point either.
6. (5) Red Bull New York (33 pt.) – Things drop off for me here once we get to this spot. New York didn’t have the weekend I thought they would. Bad breaks like the one in New England can really break a team at this point in the season.
7. (7) Chicago Fire (26 pts.) – Split games with Kansas City last week. Should have very well had no less than four points from it but things are on the up here. Defensive issues still worry me though about this club.
8. (9) Columbus Crew (27 pt.) – Holding on by a tiny tread. My predication of them being the last club in the playoffs this year by pissing off the rest of the clubs may still be a reality.
9. (8) Kansas City Wizards (32 pts.) – Doing just enough to get by in my book. Two games this week against clubs they should beat.
10. (10) Colorado Rapids (27 pts.) – Wanted to move them up based on recent play but couldn’t since it was only LA that they handed a beating to. More wins like that will help though. The playoffs are now a reality, which I would have never thought a month ago.
11. (11) Toronto FC (20 pt.) – Everything drops off at this spot. Really don’t have much to say about a club that has lost its way of scoring. Mo may be at risk of losing that job before long if things don’t improve.
12. (12) LA Galaxy (14 pt.) – Bad…just bad are the Galaxy.
13. (13) Real Salt Lake (12 pt.) – Though this could very well be one of the worst clubs in MLS history.